Thursday, May 23, 2013

Protein Shake

One of my favorite post-workout meals is a protein shake. Protein after a workout is important because it is the building block that your muscles need to rebuild and grow. I especially love the fact that this little wonder here is like eating a milk-shake.... yum, milk shakes. I can't even remember the last time I had a milk shake. Good thing this comes close! It's delicious and great for those working muscles after your workout!

INGREDIENTS

1 Frozen Banana
1/2 Cup Frozen Tropical Fruit Blend
1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 cup Soymilk
1 Scoop Protein Powder

DIRECTIONS

Just throw all your ingredients into a blender until completely mixed and the consistency of soft serve ice cream.

Your calories and macro count will vary depending on the protein powder and brands you are using. My yogurt is Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla and I use Isopure Zero Carb protein powder.
 

Calories: 330            Protein: 34.5 / 40%             Fat: 1.5 / 3%             Carbs: 48.5 / 57%