Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Whole-Wheat Corn Bread

I love corn bread. It's probably my favorite quick bread and I almost prefer it with my spaghetti over french bread. It's faster to make, and tastes so  yummy. My only problem with it is its hard to only eat one piece. I have revamped my old, traditional recipe, to be healthier. Whole grains, honey instead of sugar, and lower-fat  make this more like a bread than a cake. It's a winner with even the toughest of judges.








Ingredients:

1 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
1 Cup Corn Meal
4 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
2 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
1 Cup Milk
3 Tb. Butter
3 Tb. Honey


Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, corn meal, balking powder, gluten and salt until well mixed. Add eggs, milk, butter and honey and beat with a mixer just until blended, about 1 minute. Poor into a 9x9 baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.