Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Oh She Glows Cookbook

When I decided to go vegetarian, I did a lot of research first. I wanted to make sure that I stayed healthy, and kept my energy levels up for my workouts: I also wanted to make sure I didn't loose any muscle mass. In that process I came across several food bloggers that I absolutely love, and one if them is Angela Liddon at Oh She Glows. Though I am not a Vegan, and Angela is, she has so many wonderful recipes that I incorporate a lot of them into my diet. Even if you have no desire to be a Vegan or Vegetarian, a great diet is going to consist of whole/natural foods and this cookbook will help you learn to cook that way. It will also help you incorporate more whole grains and veggies into your diet and get you on the right track.


Though I am on the fence at the moment on whether to continue on my meatless journey, or add some lean meats and fish back into the mix a few times a month, most of my diet is plant based. My kids got me Angela's cookbook for my birthday this year and I love everything about it. I am completely obsessed with her granola bars - The Glo Bar - and make sure I always have some on hand. SO much better than anything you can buy in the store, and better for you too.

Every recipe has a picture, which is important to me too. I know I can be a little bit of a cookbook snob, but I want to see pictures on a dish before I decide to make it. I am a weird sort of duck in that I love to read cookbooks. I have been known to climb into bed at night, and instead of a novel I have a cookbook. For me it's all about the experience - the pictures, the stories, and all the yummy ingredients. Yes, I sometimes get made fun of for it, but I don't care because it's just something that I enjoy.

If you aren't sure whether or not you are ready to invest in an entire cookbook of vegan food because that sounds just too far fetched for you, I really urge you to hop over to Angela's blog and check her out. Even trying a few of her recipes on there you will quickly discover that it's super yummy and a great way to eat now an again.

I definitely give this cookbook a 5 star rating!